You too could be infected
Symptoms of a possible Virus infection:
- Unsolicited notices of a "virus infection" from a generic-source which you do not have software for (McAfee, AVG, Norton, etc.)
- PC Performance has dramtically diminished recently.
- Ads for products or services annoyingly "pop-up" in front of your windows while you are surfing the internet.
- You receive a warning notice that SPAM is being generated from your PC and sent to others, possibly without your knowldege.
- Your IP address becomes black-listed for continuing to sending-out the above SPAM.
- Loss of Internet connectivity.
- You become aware of a theft of your Identity.
Things you can do to avoid Virus infections:
- DO Install, (and update,) a reputable Anti-Virus program like AVAST, AVG, AVIR. [which are FREE for Home users.]
- DO Install, (and update,) 2 rputable Anti Spy/Ad-ware programs. Malwarebytes & Super Anti-Spyware [again free for Home users.]
- DO Ensure that your Internet connection has a Firewall on it. It can be Hardware or Software, but get one.
- DO NOT open e-mail attachments from ANY source you do not recognize.
- DO NOT use Peer-to-Peer file sharing programs. [these are commonly used to illegally download copyrighted music and movie files.]
- DO NOT accept any pop-up that "offers" to scan your computer for possible virus infection.
- DO NOT follow (by clicking-on,) "links" inside any SPAM e-mail that you receive.